TAPICall for Outlook and Exchange | The license administration
TAPICall4 runs in a dynamic licensing model. At any time, you can dynamically transfer your licenses from one PC to another through an online license manager, giving you full control over your licenses. The licenses have a useful life of two years. The period starts after a computer has been assigned, so you only pay for what you use. The price for the license includes all updates / upgrades. You always have the right to the latest version for free. After the expiration, an extension for another two years costs only 70% of the original price.
Licenses are per PC, not per user. So if you have multiple user accounts on one PC, one license is enough. A terminal server requires one license per session.
Click on the respective PC on the [Hook Symbol] and then up [Activation] and then on the button [Online License Management], Log in with your access data and click on [to Customer Center / License Manager], Assign an invoice to the PC or transfer a license from another PC. The next time you start TAPICall (receipt of payment is required), the PC is automatically activated.
If TAPICall displays the license status as expired, even though it has been activated, this may be due to the following reasons:
- Check if your license is still valid. The validity of your licenses is best viewed in the online license manager. If your license has expired, you can buy an extension in the shop over 2 years.
- Check if TAPICall can connect to the internet. Enter the settings by clicking on the [Hook Icon] and then up [Settings] Click and go to the point here [Internet Connection], If necessary, enter the data of your proxy server here and test whether TAPICall correctly connects to the Internet. Check your firewall settings if TAPICall can not connect.
- The license of the computer has not yet been recalled. Go to the TAPICall settings, click on the item [Activation], click on the button there [To update].
- If the name of the machine (in the system properties) has been changed, the license must be reassigned. Click on that [Hook Symbol], on [Activation] and then up [Online License Management], After entering the access data, click [to Customer Center / License Manager] and transfer the license.
- Your license is not yet activated, recognizable by the orange smiley in the license manager. The license will be activated as soon as the invoice amount has been received.
- You do not have write permission for the following directory with your user account:
Windows XP: C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ TAPICall
Windows Vista and Windows 7: C: \ ProgramData \ TAPICall
Log in as a local administrator and set up full permissions on the named directory for the normal user.